Oversees the project management and reporting of financial data for a variety of clients. Prepares, examines, and analyzes client accounts. Provides recommendations to strengthen client financial records and implements those recommendations. Assists with onboarding new clients. Ensures compliance with financial reporting, GAAP, and other standard procedures. This position requires a high degree of integrity, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize a number of deadlines.
- Work with a portfolio of clients to manage their books, design accounting solutions for them, and review the related work of others.
- Lead client discovery, review information provided, and recommend modifications in procedures to set up and adjust controls for GAAP compliance.
- Provide ongoing consulting to clients, including input into tactical and strategic decisions based on business objectives.
- Research and answer technical questions from clients and other accountants.
- Create, maintain, and improve supporting schedules which clearly and accurately calculate financial statement balances, including asset and liability accruals.
- Develop, test, and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Collaborate on the creation of financial standards and best practices for the team.
- Analyze accounting options and recommend financial actions to clients.
- Analyze and summarize current financial status by collecting and reporting on information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Support and review month-end and year-end close processes.
- Assist with formal performance evaluations of team members.
- Review the work of teammates for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with coordination and onboarding of new clients.
- Communicate effectively and build strong and trusted relationships with clients.
- Review documents to substantiate financial transactions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Uphold our five core values: excellence, transparency, growth, self-management, and relationship management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting-related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on accounting experience
- Advanced understanding of US GAAP accounting and reporting standards
- Experience with month-end and year-end close processes
- Advanced experience using an electronic accounting system
- Outstanding computer skills, especially Microsoft Office suite
- Deadline and detail orientation
- Project management experience
- CPA license
- Experience reviewing and correcting internal controls
- Audit experience
- Experience working in a small, high growth company
- QuickBooks Online experience
- Experience with a variety of AP, AR, and payment processing programs
- Experience working with multiple legal entities or clients at once
- Payroll and sales tax processing experience